The Barratt Group procurement function is responsible for overall best practice in Barratt's procurement activity. It helps us to deliver consistency and drive value, both in providing processes and systems to enable efficient purchasing for our developments and through supporting how the business is run.
Led by the Group Procurement Director, John Adams, the function is split into three areas: direct commodities, indirect commodities and supply chain logistics.
To aid cross Group co-ordination, Group Procurement has a 'Regional Lead Buyer' for each of our 27 divisions. This individual sits on a quarterly regional supplier performance meeting, reviewing assessment activities and consolidating results with the Group Procurement team. These Regional Lead Buyers will also, from time to time, lead specific sourcing activities on behalf of the Group and manage the resulting Group agreements.
Core principles of procurement within Barratt Developments
- Best commercial value
- Best specification adherence / innovation
- Lead times, in order to comply with construction programme schedules
- Environment / Sustainability
- How can you support the Barratt Procurement Function to achieve its goals and objectives and meet the Core Principles?
- What are the critical issues currently facing Barratt in the market place? (overall and relating to your commodity)